Friday, June 13, 2008

Europe, One Way or Another

Soccer fans will note that Euro 2008 started earlier this week. While the World Cup may be a more "exciting" tournament due to the worldly nature or it, Euro 2008 is arguably a tougher one to win. There are no patsies here--every team is talented. And the best thing is, for the first time, all of the games are broadcast live and free (assuming you have cable). It used to be pay-per-view.


Finally, my Europe trip is taking all kinds of twists and turns. Originally, I was going to Slovenia with a colleague, then we were going to take a few extra days to visit Prague and Vienna. My partner had to cancel, leaving me by myself. As we all know, traveling is more fun with friends, so I thought about going to Istanbul, where a good friend of mine lives. Unfortunately, she was going to be in China then.


I have another old friend from college who usually is in Europe at times during the summer, so I emailed him with the longshot hopes of him being somewhere in Europe when I am going to be there. Turns out he'll be in Paris, and would love to see me for a few days. And to make matters even better, the wife is going to go and meet me in Paris as well. Looks likes things are going to turn out pretty good!

No comments: