Thursday, August 21, 2008

Back to School!

The long summer is over, and it's time to get back to work. It's been a good break--lots of traveling (Texas, Alabama, Chicago, Slovenia, France), got a lot of quality work done, and recharged my batteries for the upcoming school year.

I'm teaching three courses, as usual--Introduction to Political Science, Introduction to World Politics, and Middle East Politics, and all three of them are pretty large. So lots of students, which means lots of tests to grade, lots of questions to answer, and lots of papers to read.

One of the things that's imperative for me this year is not to spread myself to thin. I did WAY to much last year, and I could feel the fatigue, both physically and mentally, at year's end. So I've dropped a committee, tried to loosen a bit of responsibility, and don't have a couple of South Africans to help out.

No comments: