Monday, July 7, 2008

Wizard World Chicago Report

I know I am doing this out of order a little, but I thought I'd give a brief report on Wizard World Chicago, even though it's already been a week since I was there.

The wife and I arrived in town on Wednesday, for the primary purpose of catching a Cubs game at Wrigley field. We're both baseball fans, and a visit to Wrigley (or Comiskey) is a must when we are at the show. For once on a visit to a ballpark, the home team won, and I gorged myself on ballpark food, which is always a good thing.



At the show itself, we had a large booth--20'long, and in a nice spot. Setup was pretty easy, although there are always a few snafus along the way.



Sales were good, as Chicago is always our best show of the year, and we had lots of creators to help out, although we were a little short on artists this year.

I did manage to snag sketches from all three of the artists I wanted. Bob Layton, Art Baltazar, and (another) Matt Kindt.





The highlight of the show, however, was spending a little time at the bar with Bob Layton, the creator whose run on Iron Man in the late 1970s and early 1980s is what turned me into a permanent comic book fan. We hung out and talked for like three hours, and I gave him a little Ape swag in hopes that he'd dig our work. Overall, a fun show, and I look forward to next year as well.

No comments: